Monthly Meetings are at 7:00 p.m. at Porsche Grand Rapids (formerly Delta Porsche) in Grand Rapids unless otherwise stated. Attendees often meet at a nearby restaurant for dinner following the meeting. Come out and join us in the behind-the-scenes part of what makes our great Club work!
Meeting minute archives – sixteen complete years – are available here.
December 5, 2016 – Porsche Grand Rapids – Meeting was called to order by Mike Karluk at 7:0 pm. Members present were: Mike Karluk, Amber Door, Brenda Hildon-Kaempf, Jim Chiavaras, Marshall Walters, Lynne Olenyk, Ted & Gabi Blacklidge, Rick Riley, Joyce Lo, Wolfgang Hofmann, Wolfgang Bubeck, Colin Carpenter, and Craig and Chris Ackerman.
Treasurer’s Report: Approved. Waiting for membership rebate.
Membership Report: We are at an all-time high of 514 members. New members – 1; Transfers In – 1, Transfers Out – 0; Non-renewals – 2; Renewals – 11.
Minutes: Minutes were approved.
Über Alles Editor’s Report: Lina is working on the December edition.
Webmeister Report: Nothing new to report. Google calendar is up.
Insurance Report: No insurance needs at this time.
Social Media Report: No new likes – we are at 331. Joyce is navigating Google calendar to see how it can be used to maximize exposure on Facebook.
Social Chair Report: Information sent to those hosting upcoming events. Still working with the Gilmore Car Museum to see if we can coordinate an event while Rick Riley’s and Terry Schieble’s cars are there (prior to April).
- 12/3/2016 – Appetizer Party, hosted by Mike Karluk and Barb Doss. Raised $420 for charity. 30 attendess – great time had by all. Missy Diffenderfer won the chocolate Santa. Everyone really enjoyed the bourbon-maple bacon.
- 1/18/2017 – Charley’s Crab. Hosted by Rick Riley – 6 pm cocktails, 7 pm dinner. Separate checks, valet if you’d like.
- 2/18/2017 – Winterfest at Cascade Hills Country Club. Currently accepting donations for giveaways, and auction items for charity. More details to come
- Charity Chair – Lin Portoluri has accepted the position.
- Recipe Book – Barb Doss and Chris Ackerman are considering putting together a club recipe book. Possibly a calendar. More to follow.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:47 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Brenda Hildon-Kaempf.